This is one of my favorite books of all time. It’s a great book. Originally published in 1936, the principles in this book are still true to this day. It has sold over 30,000,000 copies world-wide since it was originally published and has been shared in digital form countless time since. There are entire organizations built around the principles that Dale Carnegie originally shared in that book. It’s truly awesome.
12 ways this book can help you
- Get you out of a mental rut, give you new thoughts, new visions, new ambitions.
- Enable you to make friends quickly and easily.
- Increase your popularity.
- Help you to win people to your way of thinking.
- Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.
- Enable you to win new clients, new customers.
- Increase your earning power.
- Make you a better salesman, a better executive.
- Help you to handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your human contacts smooth and pleasant.
- Make you a better speaker, a more entertaining conversationalist.
- Make the principles of psychology easy for you to apply in your daily contacts.
- Help you to arouse enthusiasm among your associates.
Sometimes when I’m feeling down I like to read what he has to say because he has excellent perspective and I really enjoy his writing style. His book isn’t just about having more friends and influencing others to do things. The principles in the book are designed to improve the quality of your life in many ways that will eventually lead you to having more influence over other people.
Positivity is a big part of the principles in Mr. Carnegie’s book. You can get the basic principles just by reading the wikipedia page on How to win friends and influence people. There are also many versions of the book that you can purchase all over the place. He encourages you to stay positive, honest and present in the moment with people. His book is full of simple things that you can do to improve the quality of your relationships with people